Save the Date diy: Vintage Finding Tags
Here's a quick and sweet diy for you, using simple vintage and found objects, some you may have around your house! I thought this would be a fun and affordable thing to make. Items like the tags and paper clips come in a packs of 100 or so for less than $10. So you're really not spending a lot to make these. So here we go!
Here's what you'll need:
- Manila Tags, I used 4 3/4" x 2 3/8" (via here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40531027) but you can go slightly larger or smaller.
- Jute Twine (via here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41160259)
- Assorted patterned paper
- Library date stamp (and ink choice of your color)
- Gold paper clips
- Vintage charm findings (found on etsy or ebay)
- Small lace crochet doilies (lot found on ebay)
- "save the date" letter stamp (via martha stewart stamp kit)
Cut the doily in half place onto tag, leaving some extra room on the side to trim. Sew onto right side of the manila tag.
Cut excess of the doily off so you have a nice straight edge.
Stamp your date onto your patterned paper. Make sure the background isn't too busy so you can see the date, and choose an ink color that will show up.
Cut out the paper with the date stamp and paper clip onto tag. Stamp your "save the date" onto the tag.
Take your twine and tie around your tag and string charm onto the twine. Tie in knot.
You're all done! You can switch up placement of stamps and the charms on your tags for a real one-of-a-kind feel.
You can send these off or give them to friends and family you see.. Place them in a kraft or glassine bag and they're ready to go! (bags available at nice package: http://www.nicepackageshop.com/category/bags-boxes) To send in the mail, Purchase some kraft envelopes and send them off! (Kraft envelopes: http://www.stampington.com/html/envelopes.html)