my 2 brothers, nicholas, and i just returned home from stockton - we were able to go be with my mom for her 2nd round of the chemo treatment. we went up there to support her as she also decided to shave her head. it was a really special time and moment for all us to share together. (the picture above is posted with her permission) she is quite adorable bald, and she stayed so strong through it all. she's also really cute with her little beanie on. for anyone who has gone through this with a loved one, i know you can relate with how precious it was to share in this with her. we laughed with her, prayed, cried a bit, held her hand, and told her how beautiful she is. i love my mom so much!
well, i thought i'd leave some links for the weekend too! what are your weekend plans? i have no idea what we're doing this weekend -- hopefully getting focused about what we need to do next for the wedding. i am quite disorganized and feel a bit overwhelmed. maybe i can convince nicholas to take me to the LA flea market for a little de-stress shopping ;) anyone want to meet up? hehe okay, on with the links:
- a really really awesome DIY ice cream pinata over at simply modern mom!
- sweet homemade carmel + fudge sauce and free printables at creature comforts!
- are you a jackie or a marilyn over at a diary of lovely. (i want to be jackie)
- bookmark katrina's blog over the next few weeks: she is having a blog e-course for beginners and it sounds awesome!
- another lovely course found through good measure blog: created by bonnie from Going Home to Roost, selling the handmade way is for shop owners or aspiring shop owners. she's offering a free e-book and she's also having a course starting in the fall!
- i've (finally) decided on a dress! well, two. ;) i will wear this one at the reception and am borrowing this vintage dress from ruby for the ceremony! what do you think? :)
that's it! happy weekend to my dear friends. see you on monday. xo.